Frequently Asked Questions
How early should I book a session?
- Maternity sessions are best captured around 32-34 weeks and should also be booked at the beginning of your second trimester.
- Ideally 4 - 8 weeks prior to your session date.
Always feel free to reach out if you've missed these time frames. Depending on the time of year and cancellations, there is always possibility for last minute sessions. And I will try my best to work with your schedule.
How do I book a session?
- Very simple. Just use the contact me page to send me an email and we can get the ball rolling. A deposit is required to book your session with the balance due on your session date.
What's included in a session?
- My sessions are all-inclusive. What that means is there is not separate session fee + packages to choose from. Depending on which session you book, you get a set number of edited images in high resolution to download. Our time together as well as your edited images are included in this session fee.
What if I want prints and other products like albums and canvases?
- I have an a-la-carte menu where you can order these items separately. Prints and product orders are sent to a high-end professional print lab for superior print quality.
Do we get to select which images will get edited?
- No and here's why... culling through images and using an artistic eye to enhance and edit that image is part of every photographers creative process. In fact, one of my favorite things to do after your session, is go through each image carefully selecting the ones that will be perfect for your gallery. Those that capture the true essence of you and your little ones. In addition, I try to get a variety of images for you to cherish in your gallery. Posed, candid, details. For this reason, I do not share the unedited images with my clients.
I really love some pictures I saw on Pinterest! Can you capture something similar for me?
- This is a tricky one for me. My instinct is to say yes share with me what you are visualizing for your session. It helps when we are all on the same page. And I want to capture for you something that you will cherish and enjoy! However, if I replicate another artists works for every session, then my style will be all over the place. I love what I do, have a certain style, a creative process and enjoy capturing something unique for my clients. If you have your heart set on something (an outfit, a pose, a specific location) I'm happy to try to recreate some of that for you, but with my own style and vision. For poses, I limit it to 1-2 Pinterest shares and use my creativity for the rest. I feel like this is a win-win for all.
How do you capture kids that are always on the move?
- Ahh yes! Most little ones from the age of 1 to about 5 are always on the move and hard to "pose". Full of life and full of mischief. I usually capture the posed (everyone cheesing at the camera) images at the very beginning of the session. It takes kids some time to warm up and get comfortable enough to run around and before they get to that I start with family shots. After about 15 minutes, if they really want to run away and run around... I let them and guess what? those are the images that turn out absolutely breathtaking! Candid, carefree and full of their personality! This is what I strive to capture in my sessions... the joy of childhood and true emotions and connections between family members! Parents always love how those images turn out :-)
Have a question that hasn't been covered up above or any of the other pages? Please use the contact page and send me a note - I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.